Application for Dedicated Sportsman
(new and renewal applications - submit a complete application to the WPBA secretary for processing)
PLEASE read the following documents carefully before applying:
Latest Requirement and Information (2017)
Information on Application Process (2013)
SABU CFAR Nr 1300040
!!! Please note: !!!
1. It remains the applicant's responsibility to submit a list of
at approved shoots.
This will be checked against the official results on the website(s).
2. Dedicated Status for the purpose of firearm licences or renewals is not automatic.
You need to go through the application process to obtain a (new) certificate that will confirm your active status.
3. The WPBA cannot provide you with any letter to confirm SABU membership or activities.
You need to contact SABU directly to request it.
**** Application Form for Dedicated Sportsman Status ****
**** Application Form for Endorsement ****
(new licences only)
Members must submit application directly to SABU.
Remember to attach a copy of the licence of the current owner.
List of Documents to attach:
- Application form with proper motivation - Application Form
- Copy of Proficiency (training) Certificate complying with Unit Standards for “Handle and Use of a Rifle”. Training must have included practical shooting (NOT ONLY Knowledge of the Firearms Act !).
- Copy of Competency Certificate
- Letter from primary WPBA affiliated club to confirm paid up status for current year – you need to request this information from your Club Chairman/Secretary
- Letter from the chairman of your primary WPBA affiliated club to support your application.
- Copy of ID document
- Copy of valid Firearm Licence(s)
- Application for endorsement from SABU. FOR NEW LICENCE APPLICATIONS ONLY!!! It is the responsibility for the member to apply to SABU directly for this - Application for Endorsement
- List of participation at events other than WPBA shoots which are not captured on the central WPBA league database (e.g. WP Bisley, SA Open, World Shoots, 303 Club shoots, etc)
- Copy of previous Dedicated Sportsman Certificate (if any)
- Proof of payment of R50 into WPBA bank account (contact the WPBA secretary for bank details)